Brooklyn Bandit or BKB has been a consistent brand developing its amazing products for its customers. SoJones has been covering BKB since a year ago and we must say the brand is heading to greatness. Check what’s going on with BKB:
Hi Brooklyn Bandit, how’s 2011 been? What’s up with the brand?
2011 has been great, and our crew is ready to take on 2012 with more experience, and some really creative ideas that we’re excited to present the Street wear industry with! We’ve started to explore more than just denim and cut n sew in the past year, and we plan to add that into our future collections.
What has been your best seller in 2011?
The Love over $ Tee and crew necks sold very well. All our stores were selling out consistently, as were we. With money being so emphasized in a lot of our current lifestyles, I think people liked to see something being put above money. There is a lot of issues in this world that can be solved with having love for our own kind, and that design puts all that into perspective. Show love it’s the Brooklyn way!
What are your brand’s milestones or highlights during 2011?
The entire year was a learning process, and we continued to strive to be better and grow. We had a chance to meet a few cool celebs and just people that wear the brand, and that to me is the best highlight. I was walking down 48th street in Manhattan and saw a guy wear BKB jeans, and seen a lot people on the train and random places reppin’ BKB tee’s.. That is a great feeling to see that something that was just an idea a few years back is actually in motion with people wearing the brand. In addition to that, we dropped our first collection of tee’s, and we made our first Jacket (Metal storm) which has been flying of the shelfs.
What do you have in store for 2012? Any sneak peeks?
For 2012, we’re going to be re-releasing some classics such as the Manilas, and Friscos. Originally we had made very few pieces of those jeans and not everyone got a chance to get themself a pair, so this time around we will have plenty in sock this time around. Also, we’re going to do more cut and sew tops, as well as graphics. We’re always trying out new things so you never know what we will drop.
Which celebrity do you think deserves ‘the most fashionable’ title in 2011?
I think Pharell Williams is up there on the list. His style is not too over the top but it still speaks volumes. I’m excited to see if he drops any new collections in the new year.
BROOKLYN BANDIT GIVEAWAY!
Brooklyn Bandit is giving away TWO PACKAGES for TWO lucky SoJones readers! Here are what you can win:
Metal Storm Jacket: $84.00
MOB Tee: $22.00
Cesar ScarfL $65.00
LOV > $ Crew: $28.00
Here’s how it works:
- Answer the following question: What’s the name of the streetwear brand featured in this article?
- You can give your answer between December 16h – December 30th, 2011. Make sure that when you comment you provide a link of where we can contact you (like your SoJones account, your facebook, etc.). It makes life easier to be able to contact you should you win.
- Drawing for TWO WINNERS will be held on January 2nd, 2012. The winner will be announced on this page and on the forums page (http://www.sojones.com/forums/).
Article Comments Lottery Rules
- One package per winner
- Previous winners must wait 30 days before entering this contest
- Duplicate comments will not count, like posting “I love this forum” or “hi” 50 times.
- Garbage or nonsensical pounding-on-the-keyboard comments will not count, like “awr#$ASFasdfkl”
- Comments hating on other people will definitely NOT count.
- U.S. residents only
Don’t forget to visit SoJones.com’s Facebook page: http://www.facebook.com/SoJones and become a fan!