Think necklaces, bracelets, watches and hats are the only accessories there is in streetwear world? Think again. Rome & Tale is apparently the hit add-on element to your style. To know more about the unique tails, read on as SoJones talked to Prince Aday, the brain behind the trend. [Participate in our other giveaway with V-Moda]
Introduce yourself and tell us about Rome & Tale.
Hi my name is Adebomi, also known as Prince Aday, and I’m from New York. I’m an aspiring designer & stylist as well as the owner of “Rome & Tale”. Rome and Tale is a diverse brand which was inspired by the city “ROME”. With it being one of the greatest known empires, its historical background shows the beauty of nature, quality & use of it’s natural resources through which there’s a “Tale” behind it & every design from this brand. The brand originally started off with the name “Romen Tale”, however; it was changed months later due to the fact that people felt that there was a spelling error even though my partner and I had the “n” as a play on words.
Well, the brand is not just based on fox tails , but they are actually the first pieces I have released from the line. The idea was inspired by my partner (Kevin Chen) who is the creative director for Rome and Tale. He noticed my taste for wearing them years before coming up with the idea of starting my own line of tails.
Any product placements on celebs to keep an eye out for (examples: publicity photos, magazines, movies, music videos etc)
I recently reached out to Teyana Taylor and her company “I AM NBA”. She loved the products and did a weekly giveaway on her site (www.iamnba.com) . Also, I recently had a female artist wearing the Pearl Fox tail in rapper Jim Jones recent music video called ” Everybody Jones”. There are a couple more which i would not speak of yet because they’re are in progress. You can also see similar styles on celebrities such as Kanye West.
What has been a surprise fashion hit over the last year? (a particular piece, a look or even another brand)
Honestly, I haven’t seen anything yet that is actually new or surprising to me over the last year. It’s funny because I wonder the same thing but it’s more like every thing is being repeated. Fashion, trends and more recycles.
What current fashion trend would you like to see thrown overboard?
A current trend I would like to see thrown overboard would be SNAPBACKS!. It has gotten to a point where it is over-saturated. Everyone is wearing one now and even those that have been wearing fitted hats during their entire lives decided to join the bandwagon. It kills the uniqueness behind them.
Check more Rome & Tale at AtriumNYC.com or participate in our giveaway!
ROME & TALE GIVEAWAY!
Rome & Tale is giving away ONE tail for ONE very lucky SoJones.com reader.
Here’s how it works:
1. Answer this question: Name the owner of Rome & Tale!
2. You can give your answer from August 12th to August 26th, 2011. Make sure that when you comment you provide a link of where we can contact you (like your SoJones account, your Facebook, etc.). It makes life easier to be able to contact you should you win.
4. Drawing for 1 (ONE) WINNER will be held on August 29th, 2011. The winners will be announced on this page and on the forums page (http://www.sojones.com/forums/).
Article Comments Lottery Rules
* One item per winner
* Previous winners must wait 30 days before entering this contest
* Duplicate comments will not count, like posting “I love this forum” or “hi” 50 times.
* Garbage or nonsensical keyboard-pounding comments will not count, like “awr#$ASFasdfkl”
* Comments hating on other people will definitely NOT count.
* US Residents only
Don’t forget to visit SoJones.com’s Facebook page: http://www.facebook.com/SoJones and become a fan!