It’s Friday again and you know what’s up. SoJones came across a relatively young streetwear brand called Betifon, which supports all the lifestyles we love. For the youthful heart, Betifon’s head honcho: Ben Lim tells all.
[Participate in our giveaway with Are Easy Clothing]
Introduce yourself and describe how your brand was started?
My name is Ben Lim I am the owner and creative director of Betifon. The brand came about from my need to always create. I’m really into drawing and fashion, so naturally I figured I’d make a company out of it. The brand is all about supporting the lifestyles we live and love, supporting skaters, graffiti artists, and today’s youth minded. We just recently launched and have many big plans for future collections and collaborations.
Describe this season’s theme for your line. Include any sources of inspiration (examples: 80’s punk, muses like Amber Rose, 70’s disco bands, Kanye, etc)
A lot of the inspiration for our current collection comes from street art, graffiti, nature and technology. I wanted to have some big bold detailed graphics along with some simple collegiate and script based typography. This opening collection is a lot more abstract in terms of themes. Our next collection will feature a lot more cultural references with the same solid execution of artwork.
Any product placements on celebs to keep an eye out for (examples: publicity photos, magazines, movies, music videos etc)
Not really any celebs rocking our products yet, but our brand is still young. We do have several really dope skaters riding for us, so keep an eye out for them rocking our gear.
What has been a surprise fashion hit over the last year? (a particular piece, a look or even another brand)
A lot of companies are going towards a more authentic simplistic typographical look for their graphic tees. Which is a welcome surprise.
What current fashion trend would you like to see thrown overboard?
Skinny jeans on dudes, just doesn’t look right. I’m talking about the super skinny ones.
What is/was one of your most prized fashion pieces, past or present?
Not really a specific piece, but all my NEW ERA wool heather gray fitteds for some reason the shape and fit on them are always spot on.
TuPac or Biggie?
Betifon is offering ONE PACKAGE of awesomeness for ONE very lucky SoJones.com reader! The Betifon Package with a total worth of $102, contains:
B Sealed Vneck Tee – available in (m-xl) – $20
The Eye tee – available in (m-xl) – $28
Collegiete tee – available in (m-xl) – $24
Classic Logo Fitted Hat – available in (s/m, l/xl) – $30
Here’s how it works:
1. Answer this question: What’s the name of the brand we’re featuring today?
2. You can give your answer from July 1st, 2011 through July 15th, 2011. Make sure that when you comment you provide a link of where we can contact you (like your SoJones account, your Facebook, etc.). It makes life easier to be able to contact you should you win.
4. Drawing for ONE WINNER will be held on July 18th, 2011. The winner will be announced on this page and on the forums page (http://www.sojones.com/forums/).
Article Comments Lottery Rules
* One prize per winner
* Previous winners must wait 30 days before entering this contest
* Duplicate comments will not count, like posting “I love this forum” or “hi” 50 times.
* Garbage or nonsensical keyboard-pounding comments will not count, like “awr#$ASFasdfkl”
* Comments hating on other people will definitely NOT count.
* US Residents only
Don’t forget to visit SoJones.com’s Facebook page: http://www.facebook.com/SoJones and become a fan!