The era of the gentlemen is back and SoJones is a strong backer of the returning classic style. Meet Arielle and Ilethia from The Jack Collection where they materialized their vision of how a man should dress himself. SoJones talked to Arielle and Ilethia about The Jack Collection. (Take part in our other giveaway.)
Introduce yourself and describe how your brand was started.
We are Arielle and Ilethia, the two creative forces behind The Jack Collection. We started the line at a time where the whole androgynous look was becoming very popular. We wanted to see a shift toward masculinity and simplicity in menswear so we took it upon ourselves to create the shift.
Describe this season’s theme and inspiration for your line.
This season we really wanted to stay true to our original aesthetic and focus on simplicity and masculinity so a close attention to detail has been really important. We keep very simple silhouettes but play with things like texture and stitching. A lot of our influence comes from New York city, we have the best and worst of everything so we can take a walk around the city and really get inspired! We also take inspiration from street style blogs in major cities around the world.
Any product placements on celebs to keep an eye out for?
We’ve had a lot of stylist from New York City and Atlanta pull ties from us (this past week in particular) so definitely stay tuned!
What has been a surprise fashion hit over the last year?
The G Star harem pants have been a surprising fashion hit! They take the parachute pants to another level.
What current fashion trend would you like to see thrown overboard?
Geek Glasses! Its a massive swag overload, not a good situation.
What is/was one of your most prized fashion pieces, past or present?
Our most prized fashion pieces are black skinny jeans hands down. We have a million pairs in all shades of black, textures, styles, etc. Can’t live without em.
TuPac or Biggie?
Such a hard question! but since we’re in NY we’re gonna have to go with Biggie. Both rappers are obviously legendary though.
Well SoJones gents, you’ve read what they have to say. Check more stuff out on The Jack Collection website, and stalk them on Twitter. And guess what, just for you SoJones readers, The Jack Collection offers an exclusive discount code: SOJONES to cut 30% OFF your purchases at The Jack Collection website. That or you can enter our giveaway to win some really cool items.
THE JACK COLLECTION GIVEAWAY
The Jack Collection will give away ONE Package of bow ties to ONE very lucky SoJones.com reader. The package will contain FOUR bow ties as follows:
The Arizona and Sand Storm bow ties which both retail for $21.99
The Chambray and Nile bow ties which both retail for $23.99.
Here’s how it works:
1. Answer this question: What’s the name of the brand we’re featuring today?
2. You can give your answer from May 27th, 2011 through June 10th, 2011. Make sure that when you comment you provide a link of where we can contact you (like your SoJones account, your Facebook, etc.). It makes life easier to be able to contact you should you win.
4. Drawing for ONE WINNER will be held on June 13th, 2011. The winner will be announced on this page and on the forums page (http://www.sojones.com/forums/).
Article Comments Lottery Rules
* One prize per winner
* Previous winners must wait 30 days before entering this contest
* Duplicate comments will not count, like posting “I love this forum” or “hi” 50 times.
* Garbage or nonsensical keyboard-pounding comments will not count, like “awr#$ASFasdfkl”
* Comments hating on other people will definitely NOT count.
* U.S. residents only
Don’t forget to visit SoJones.com’s Facebook page: http://www.facebook.com/SoJones and become a fan!