Our friends at GoodWoodNYC has been giving away goodies since three weeks ago, and today marks the brand’s last giveaways with SoJones.com. But worry not, they might be back for a follow-up interview as soon as they have a new collection. What are up for grabs this week? SoJones talks to GoodWoodNYC.
[Also see our other giveaways]
Can you tell us the story behind the prizes you’re giving away today? (The Pump Necklace, Queen of Hearts Earrings and the Bowtie in Polka Dot)
The Pump Necklace is a take on the red bottoms of Louboutin shoes. I always liked the simplistic style of the shoe and decided to transform something similar into a necklace. The Queen of Hearts Earrings are our stylized version of the traditional playing card, the back has our GW logo in the style of an old school deck of cards. I wanted to come out with another type of accessory aside from jewelry, but something that didn’t necessarily have to made of fabric. The Bowtie is the result. It can be worn in various ways, as a pin, on a bag, in hair, or as a actual tie.
Will GoodWoodNYC be branching out to clothing lines or other kinds of accessories? Bags, shoes maybe?
We are going to be making other types of accessories including glasses frames, phone cases, and some other lifestyle products.
SoJones.com readers are fashion enthusiasts who are also budding fashion entrepreneurs. What are the first steps to start their fashion businesses?
Create the concept and/or the product, then establish an image and target market..it’s all hard work and sacrifice from there.
What are the no-no’s in the accessories industry?
I think as long as you have a good product which is either functional , fashionable or both, you’re all good. I think cheaply made accessories are a big no-no. If you are going to design or make something it should be the best quality you can produce and have attention to detail.
Of all the celebrity you’ve worked with/sponsored, who collects the most GoodWoodNYC pieces?
I make a lot of pieces for hip hop artist Stalley. He has at least 5 custom designed pieces and a bunch from the line. We are working on a collab together as well which will be out next week.
Beyonce or Rihanna and why?
Beyonce. Nothing against Rihanna but I think Beyonce has extreme talent.
Check the full GoodWoodNYC collection over at the brand’s website: www.GoodWoodNYC.com or, for you freebie hunters, you can participate in our giveaway below!
GOODWOODNYC GIVEAWAY WEEK #4
It’s that time of the week again and in this last round, ONE very lucky SoJones.com lady will win a package consisting of: The Pump Necklace, Queen of Hearts Earrings & The Bowtie in Polka Dot. Total prize value is $100. Here are the good stuff, Ladies!
Here’s how it works:
1. Answer this question: What are the names of the prizes being given away this week by GoodWoodNYC?
2. You can give your answer from April 29th, 2011 through May 15th, 2011. Make sure that when you comment you provide a link of where we can contact you (like your SoJones account, your Facebook, etc.). It makes life easier to be able to contact you should you win.
3. Drawing for ONE WINNER will be held on May 16th, 2011. The winner will be announced on this page and on the forums page (http://www.sojones.com/forums/).
Article Comments Lottery Rules
* One package per winner
* Previous winners must wait 30 days before entering this contest
* Duplicate comments will not count, like posting “I love this forum” or “hi” 50 times.
* Garbage or nonsensical keyboard-pounding comments will not count, like “awr#$ASFasdfkl”
* Comments hating on other people will definitely NOT count.
* U.S. residents only
Don’t forget to visit SoJones.com’s Facebook page: http://www.facebook.com/SoJones and become a fan!