What do you know, some brands stick with SoJones.com and keeps us all on edge with their amazing updates. Brooklyn Bandit has worked with SoJones in the past and the most recent contest the brand threw with us is the Designer Search back in January. What goes on after the contest? Is there any new collection from the denim and t-shirt line? SoJones talked to Niket Pandya, BKB’s founder:
Hi again, Brooklyn Bandit. So tell us about the new designer you gained from the SoJones X BKB contest!
Whatup Asmara? First of all I want to thank all the participants that entered our contest. We had a lot of really unique and creative designs and we appreciate all the entries. Richa send me this crazy idea about having a heart bleeding, with an image of NYC inside the heart. I loved the creativity behind it and the fact that it had so many meanings to the design. She also has a second t-shirt called “The American Dream” t-shirt being released by us in the summer time. She’ll defiently be working with bKB for a minute, whatup Reach!
You have a new line of jeans and t-shirts this season. We’re seeing bolder colors than before and we’re loving them. Can you tell us about them?
Thanks, we work very hard designing this new season and its great that people in the industry appriciate what we bring to the table. We’re just progressing but still keeping true to our roots and crafting jeans that stand out the perfect amount. The color of denims are all contrasted with a secondary fabric (leather, suede or denim) and the mash up of these colors give all the jeans a fresh design that no other brands have done. The t-shirts speak for themselvs, confident with a meaning.
What’s with the names: Firenze, Rockstone, Sakai? All sounds foreign to us. Any story behind it?
Since we started the brand, we had named the jeans by underground cities from around the world, and this season we just kept it moving! This season the jeans are named from cities from Italty and Japan, to the West Indies. Just like the the boroughs in NYC, they are not recognized as much because of the bigger tourist attractioned cities in their country, so we figured we’d show em some love!
Any collaborations ahead?
Not with any other clothing brands, but we are linking up with a few celebrities to promote BKB. We would love to collaborate with a womens line in the near future so if thats you, hit us up!
When will the ladies get another BKB treatment?
The ladies are a tough species to satisfy, so we want to make sure the womens collection is flawless before we go hard at that. But, this summer we will have eye wear and tee’s for the ladies. Denim we’re hoping Autumn 2011.
Diggy Simmons, Jayden Smith or Justin Bieber: which one of these young superstar embodies the true BKB spirit?
Haha, I’m gonna have to go with Justin Beiber. He’s doing his thing right now.
Brooklyn Bandit’s new collection is available at Karmaloop.com and if you think you’re lucky enough, check below because you can win some pretty cool stuff!
BROOKLYN BANDIT GIVEAWAY!
Niket and the folks at BKB is at it again, giving out awesome fashion pieces for you, SoJones.com readers! And get this: 2 (TWO) lucky winners will get to select their prizes on their own. They can either pick 4 (FOUR) t-shirts OR 1 (ONE) pair of jeans worth $100 at the Brooklyn Bandit official website: www.brooklynbandit.com
Here’s how it works:
1. Follow BKB’s Twitter and Facebook page. You will only be eligible to enter this giveaway if you follow.
2. Write your prizes picks (FOUR t-shirts OR ONE pair of jeans -can’t have ’em all) at the comment box below!
3. You can give your answer March 25th, 2011 through April 15th, 2011. Make sure that when you comment you provide a link of where we can contact you (like your SoJones account, your Facebook, etc.). It makes life easier to be able to contact you should you win.
4. Drawing for TWO WINNERS will be held on April 18th, 2011. The winners will be announced on this page and on the forums page (http://www.sojones.com/forums/).
Article Comments Lottery Rules
* One package per winner
* Previous winners must wait 30 days before entering this contest
* Duplicate comments will not count, like posting “I love this forum” or “hi” 50 times.
* Garbage or nonsensical keyboard-pounding comments will not count, like “awr#$ASFasdfkl”
* Comments hating on other people will definitely NOT count.
* U.S. residents only
Don’t forget to visit SoJones.com’s Facebook page: http://www.facebook.com/SoJones and become a fan!