If you’ve been an avid reader of SoJones.com, you’ll know that we truly support the emergence of new Streetwear brands. Many up and coming brands have become SoJones.com’s friends and some of them have been featured more than once because they have what it takes to be great brands.
So what do you really have to do to have your brand featured here at SoJones.com and get the exposure it deserves? Here are some tips:
- Prepare a complete collection. Now, we know a start-up brand might not have much at the beginning. But instead of introducing only one or two t-shirts and call them your ‘line’, why not take your time and come up with a collection with a presentable amount of items for your upcoming feature? Kick-ass designs are important, but in the fashion world – presentation is key. Check some of SoJones.com’s Streetwear Spotlight features for reference.
- The article is your showcase. SoJones.com readers are people with great taste and to get them in the loop of what you’re doing, you’ll need to feature your brand to the maximum. Give thoughtful answers and provide good pictures. After all, your aim is to sell your products. Be proud and believe in your brand, and people will love it too.
- A great website says it all, people. Having a fully-running website and online store is probably the best economical way to start a clothing line. Blog about your business and include some behind-the-scenes pictures on how your clothes are made. It makes for a fun read!
- Say hi to our editors via info[at]sojones[dot]com. Be patient because we select the brands we want to feature and selection takes time. Do giveaways with us because the best way to get in touch with your main target market is to let them sample your products. Hands-on experience is way better than just reading what a brand is all about.
- Be our friend, update us personally about your next collection. Give us sneak peeks (we LOVE sneak peeks!) and exclusives to report to our readers. And yes, do another giveaway! We love re-visiting brands and seeing how much they’ve grown and evolved since their debut.
- Not a clothing line? Hey we feature everything cool, so don’t worry. Show off your accessories line, shoe line, bags, timepieces, earphones, jewelry, basically anything, as long as it matches SoJones.com’s demographics. And don’t forget the cool factor.
- Finally: when you say you’re doing a giveaway, commit to it and don’t let the readers down. Promising to give out something and then running away from your word is not sexy at all, and it gives your brand a bad, bad reputation. And yes, we do keep a blacklist for these types of brands.
So what are you waiting for? Get your brands ready to be featured here at SoJones.com and get in touch with us!