True Love and False Idols, better known as TLFI, was one of the streetwear brands that made the SoJones dope list since 2010. To refresh your memory, TLFI is a boutique-minded brand rooted in the evolution of art, punk rock, and hip hop in the Los Angeles scene. The brand is known for its distinct graphics, hand-drawn fonts, custom silhouettes, and crazy dope collaborations. Sounds cool, right? It’s only natural that we here at SoJones want to know what they’ve been up to, so we talked to TLFI’s Founder & Creative Director, Alex “2Tone” Erdmann.
Hello TLFI, last time we talked was last September. How did 2010 treat you?
2010 was a really really really really real year. Definitely a good year for me and TLFI.
Tell us about your 2011 collection. We heard that you collaborated with some new artists?
Some of the same, some new. We worked with Get Busy Committee like we always do, Henry Lewis, Akiko, and Omar.
Justin Bieber was spotted wearing one of your t-shirts – were you behind that? And are there any other celebrities wearing TLFI?
Get Busy Committee is pretty much our team, we work together and collaborate on a million different levels. Literally. A million. Mr. Bieber got his hands on TLFI on his own accord. We were super excited to be in that proactiv commercial because we all deal with varying levels of adult acne here at TLFI.
Any plans outside of clothing?
I directed a video for Get Busy Committee, it was really fun, I see clothing companies needing cutting edge content as much as they need good product these days, and I intend to provide it.
Check it out.
What TLFI t-shirts can we consider ‘collectors items’?
Cocaine Breakfast, Cry Now, and the “welcome to California” tee. All collectibles because they’re seasons old. In reality, they are not collectible at all, just some of my faves.
Any tip for SoJones readers on how to take care of t-shirts?
Take out of dryer right before they are fully dry to keep from shrinking.
You can check out TLFI’s collection at the brand’s website: http://tlfi-la.com/ but you can also win some of the brand’s coolest stuff right here!
TLFI is ready to give out the new Dayhunter INPHONICS hooded sweatshirt. It features built-in machine washable headphones in the drawcords with a music player hook-up in the pocket, so you can plug into your tunes with your sweatshirt. And we have it for ONE lucky SoJones reader!
Here’s how it works:
- Answer the following question: What does TLFI stands for?
- You can give your answer now through March 4th, 2011. Make sure that when you comment you provide a link of where we can contact you (like your SoJones account, your facebook, etc.). It makes life easier to be able to contact you should you win.
- Drawing for ONE WINNER will be held on March 7th, 2011. The winner will be announced on this page and on the forums page (http://www.sojones.com/forums/).
Article Comments Lottery Rules
- One item per winner
- Previous winners must wait 30 days before entering this contest
- Duplicate comments will not count, like posting “I love this forum” or “hi” 50 times.
- Garbage or nonsensical pounding-on-the-keyboard comments will not count, like “awr#$ASFasdfkl”
- Comments hating on other people will definitely NOT count.
- U.S. residents only
Don’t forget to visit SoJones.com’s Facebook page: http://www.facebook.com/SoJones and become a fan!