Weekend is that time where things get a bit sexier than usual. That’s why SoJones.com is delighted to find a sexy start-up men’s underwear called BR4SS. Check what it’s all about when SoJones talks to Travis Siflinger of BR4SS.
Introduce yourself and describe how your brand was started.
My name is Travis Siflinger and I’m from Los Angeles, CA. BR4SS was started out of necessity. I needed it at a time when the rest of my life was falling apart. It kept me sane during a low period. I felt like there was a vacancy in the underwear market, and the opportunity presented itself. BR4SS originated from the saying, “brass balls,” meaning don’t back down. Get up and get it for yourself. Be the Man. Keep your head up and make it happen, no matter the situation.
What differs BR4SS underwear from the rest?
Our product, brand & the team of people behind the company. The attention to detail and quality is ridiculous. If you pick up a pair, you’ll know what I mean, from the packaging, to the actual underwear. We hand design our patterns in Los Angeles, rather than just stamp our name on an already existing “shape”. Our Summer line is going to be refined quite a bit and we’ve just been having a lot of fun with this project. We’re in this to be the best, and are willing to work hard for it.
Who do you want to see BR4SS underwear on?
Anyone that believes in taking life on. Anyone who feels good in them. So if you are wearing underwear, go grab a pair. BR4SS up!
Any tips for the guys underwearwise?
Underwear should not just be looked at as an “accessory” and I feel the states are just now starting to realize this. Think about it. It is the first thing you put on in the morning, and the last thing you take off. Underwear should be the start of your wardrobe, not just an addition. It is just as important as your watch, your cap, or your shoes. Plus you don’t want to get caught in some wacky underwear in front of the ladies. Dress to impress, no?
What’s your take on the sagging pants trend?
It is what it is. Trends are trendy, style is forever.
What’s one of your most prized fashion pieces, past or present?
That’s tough… I’m big into cars and I feel they can be looked at as fashion. The right setup just makes a bold statement. But if you are talking about clothes and the like… probably… shoes or watches. Time really is one of life’s biggest luxuries and a nice watch is a reminder of that.
TuPac or Biggie?
Biggie for sure. He was the mold for many modern MCs out there. Plus my partner would kill me if I said Tupac, he’s from Brooklyn. But seriously, Biggie just didn’t rap, he put his heart and soul into it. That’s what we do at BR4SS. We don’t just do something, we start it, and we finish it. I mean come on, “It was all a dream”
Check out the BR4SS underwear collection at the brand’s online shop: http://www.br4ss.bigcartel.com/ or participate in the BR4SS giveaway below:
BR4SS UNDERWEAR GIVEAWAY!
BR4SS is ready to give 2 (TWO) pairs of underwear to 2 (TWO) lucky SoJones readers!
Here’s how it works:
- Answer the following question: What’s the name of the underwear brand featured in this Streetwear Spotlight article?
- You can give your answer between February 11th, 2011 – February 25th, 2011. Make sure that when you comment you provide a link of where we can contact you (like your SoJones account, your facebook, etc.). It makes life easier to be able to contact you should you win.
- Drawing for TWO WINNERS will be held on February 28th, 2011. The winner will be announced on this page and on the forums page (http://www.sojones.com/forums/).
Article Comments Lottery Rules
- One item per winner
- Previous winners must wait 30 days before entering this contest
- Duplicate comments will not count, like posting “I love this forum” or “hi” 50 times.
- Garbage or nonsensical pounding-on-the-keyboard comments will not count, like “awr#$ASFasdfkl”
- Comments hating on other people will definitely NOT count.
- U.S. residents only
Don’t forget to visit SoJones.com’s Facebook page: http://www.facebook.com/SoJones and become a fan!