Let’s talk music this Friday, SoJones readers. Who doesn’t have an iPad nowadays? If you do, or planning to get one, read on. Traditionally consumers believe the iPad is best used for listening to music, watching movies and browsing the internet, but its use for music production has taken the device to an entirely new level giving aspiring musicians a chance to produce professional recordings. Check out three examples below of how the iPad is used in professional and nonprofessional settings. [Also participate in our other giveaway with Brooklyn Bandit]
The iPad brings huge potential to music production for both professionals and amateurs alike, which is further enhanced by Apps like GarageBand and iShred LIVE combined with great audio accessories for your iPad.
Samson Tech’s Meteor Mic designed for home studios, is a plug and play USB Studio microphone that records CD quality music on your iPad
V-MODA’s Vibrato are designed by renowned artists, DJs and producers that deliver juicy sound to playback music created on the iPad
Griffin Technology’s DJ Cable combined with algoriddim’s djay App enables Split Output mode for pre-cueing, giving DJs full audio control using their iOS device
3 Cool Examples of the iPad in Music Recording
1. The Gorillaz, the infamous virtual band of cartoon characters latest album, The Fall, was produced almost entirely using an iPad. Or how about after GarageBand was introduced to the iPad2, indie musicians, Ultramods, recorded an entire album in two weeks.
2. Someone steal your instruments? No Problem, the Band, Atomic Tom, jams to their song “Take me Out” using their iPhones to create beats on the NYC Subway after their instruments were stolen…Can you say well improvised?
3. Recording studios cost a lot of money, with the iPad it only cost Jack Coco $6 to re-create “Just the way you are” by Bruno Mars.
As you can see, technology enables musicians to become mobile without losing quality, now people are able to make music anywhere without limitations and without substantial costs. I think this could make for a nice piece for your audience educating them on the proliferation of iPad use in the music recording industry along with the apps/accessories that any musician can utilize for professional quality recording.
Salivated enough? SoJones.com is giving away these cool items for THREE lucky SoJones.com winners (one item per winner). Check these out:
Visually stunning in-ear headphones feature Zinc Alloy construction and hybrid silicone ear tips for superior comfort and brilliant sound
* Edgy angular design and patented die-casted Zinc Alloy feels solid and luxe, like a piece of fine jewelry
* Crafted with a Kevlar® reinforced cable and 24K gold plated jack for ultimate durability
* Revolutionary hybrid silicone ear tips come in 4 different sizes (XS, S, M, L) to create the perfect fit
* Includes 3.5 mm microphone, 3-button remote, sport ear hooks, leather protective pouch and two year warranty
* V-MODA Replay Replacement Program gives customers a 50% discount to replace damaged headphones
Available at: Apple Stores, Apple.com, shop.v-moda.com
Samson: Meteor Mic
Stylish, chrome-plated, foldable USB Mic perfect for home studio, Skype and more
* Features one of the largest condenser diaphragms (25mm) of any USB mic available to produce rich, CD quality recordings
* Fold-back leg design allows for the optimal positioning for any recording application
* A stereo 1/8-inch headphone output, no latency monitoring, and headphone volume knob give user complete control
* No drivers are required, allowing users to start recording right out of the box
Available at: Best Buy
Griffin: DJ Cable
Innovative cable that enhances algoriddim’s djay app to simultaneously cue upcoming songs through headphones independently of the live mix that is sent through the speakers
• Combined with the djay app, DJ Cable transforms compatible iOS devices into a full-fledged DJ system, enabling users to mix songs directly from their iTunes library on a hyper-realistic duel-turntable interface
• Intuitive to use offers a unique experience for beginners and professionals alike
• With DJ Cable, DJs can easily go mobile without sacrificing audio functions or quality
• Compatible with iPhone, iPad and iPod Touch
Available at: Apple Stores or GriffinTechnology.com
Here’s how it works:
1. Answer this question: Name the THREE products featured above!
2. You can give your answer from August 5th to August 19th, 2011. Make sure that when you comment you provide a link of where we can contact you (like your SoJones account, your Facebook, etc.). It makes life easier to be able to contact you should you win.
4. Drawing for 3 (THREE) WINNERS will be held on August 22nd, 2011. The winners will be announced on this page and on the forums page (http://www.sojones.com/forums/).
Article Comments Lottery Rules
* One item per winner
* Previous winners must wait 30 days before entering this contest
* Duplicate comments will not count, like posting “I love this forum” or “hi” 50 times.
* Garbage or nonsensical keyboard-pounding comments will not count, like “awr#$ASFasdfkl”
* Comments hating on other people will definitely NOT count.
* US Residents only
Don’t forget to visit SoJones.com’s Facebook page: http://www.facebook.com/SoJones and become a fan!