Introducing Ardentees, a Singapore-based brand with a lot of attitude. From halfway across the world, Donovan and is brand is bringing you a taste of Ardentees: thought-provoking, wearable art and most importantly: experimental. We love the word ‘experimental’ because with experiments, one can be sure that the brand is not going anywhere for a long time. SoJones.com chats with Donovan from Ardentees:
Introduce yourself and describe how your brand was started?
My name is Donovan and I started Ardentees with 2 of my close friends. Ardentees is the brainchild of 3 close friends who saw a dearth of truly inspiring tee-shirt designs in the mass market. We collaborate with a league of talented, upcoming designers from the world over to create visually intriguing, experimental and thought-provoking designs on a wearable canvas.
Above everything, we’re hoping to be a platform for aspiring artists to showcase their works and for our designs to inspire creativity.
Describe this season’s theme for your line. Include any sources of inspiration (examples: 80’s punk, muses like Amber Rose, 70’s disco bands, Kanye, etc)
For this season, we were influenced by things like the beauty of the female form, the cosmic world, the media’s influence on society and a bit of surrealism.
Any product placements on celebs to keep an eye out for (examples: publicity photos, magazines, movies, music videos etc)
We have recently teamed up with the guys from Vulture music (www.vulturemusic.eu) for their guys like Alan Braxe, Pacific! and visitor to support us by wear our stuff at their gigs whenever they tour.
What has been a surprise fashion hit over the last year? (a particular piece, a look or even another brand)
I think it will be the return of the graphic tee as a statement piece, paired in casual attire to formal attire.
What current fashion trend would you like to see thrown overboard?
In my humble opinion, it has to be loungerie. It is a crazy hybrid combination of lingerie, swimwear and lingerie.
What is/was one of your most prized fashion pieces, past or present?
A YSL wallet given to me by a dear friend of mine.
TuPac or Biggie?
Unlike most of their respective fans, I can’t choose one over the other. They are both good in their own right. Some days you want KFC, other days you prefer Mickey D’s.
You can check Ardentees’ complete collections at the brand’s website: www.ardentees.com.
Ardentees is giving away TWO AWESOME PRIZE PACKAGES for TWO lucky SoJones.com readers. Each package is worth $75 and all you have to do is… read on.
Here’s how it works:
1. Answer this question: What’s the name of the brand we featured above?
2. You can give your answer from April 22nd, 2011 through May 6th, 2011. Make sure that when you comment you provide a link of where we can contact you (like your SoJones account, your Facebook, etc.). It makes life easier to be able to contact you should you win.
3. Drawing for TWO WINNERS will be held on May 9th, 2011. The winner will be announced on this page and on the forums page (http://www.sojones.com/forums/).
Article Comments Lottery Rules
* One package per winner
* Previous winners must wait 30 days before entering this contest
* Duplicate comments will not count, like posting “I love this forum” or “hi” 50 times.
* Garbage or nonsensical keyboard-pounding comments will not count, like “awr#$ASFasdfkl”
* Comments hating on other people will definitely NOT count.
* U.S. residents only
Don’t forget to visit SoJones.com’s Facebook page: http://www.facebook.com/SoJones and become a fan!