There’s always something good to give away every Friday, and accessory-maker, GoodWoodNYC, is going to give away their cool stuff for FOUR Fridays in a row, starting with this one. But first, get to know the goods! SoJones talked to the founder of GoodWoodNYC, Kerri O’Connell, and discovered that the brand has been making quite a splash in celebdom.
Introduce yourself and describe how your brand was started?
My name is Kerri O’Connell, Owner and founder of GoodWoodNYC. I started the brand by carving wooden rings by hand.
Describe this season’s theme for your line. Include any sources of inspiration (examples: 80’s punk, muses like Amber Rose, 70’s disco bands, Kanye, etc)
This season we focused on cultural pieces. Our inspirations were based on symbols of ethnicity. Most of our inspiration comes from our surroundings which include pop culture, art and music.
Any product placements on celebs to keep an eye out for (examples: publicity photos, magazines, movies, music videos etc)
Jaden Smith recently wore our Royalty bracelet and foam finger pieces to the Kid’s Choice Awards. We also made a piece for Spike Lee which he wore to the NBA All-Star game.
What has been a surprise fashion hit over the last year? (a particular piece, a look or even another brand)
Bracelets in general are huge. Also our smaller pieces have been getting a lot of attention.
What current fashion trend would you like to see thrown overboard?
Tribal patterns on anything, tattoo designs on t-shirts..
What is/was one of your most prized fashion pieces, past or present?
Right now it’s a t-shirt with a picture of a hairless cat, a vintage polo sweater with a horse and teal Rayban Wayfarers.
TuPac or Biggie?
Biggie all the way.
You can check out GoodWoodNYC’s complete collection over at the official website at http://goodwoodnyc.com/, and connect through their Facebook. And yes, we know you’ve been waiting for this, so here goes…
GOODWOODNYC GIVEAWAY WEEK #1!
Ladies, you can join the GoodWoodNYC giveaway next week, because this week we are calling ALL MALE participants, yes you! For the first week of this giveaway, GoodWoodNYC has ONE prize package for ONE Lucky guy. The package of awesomeness consists of:
(ONE) Dia De Los Muertos Necklace
…and (ONE) Los Muertos Bracelet
The necklace and bracelet will have a super exclusive inscription of the SoJones logo. Total prize value: $100! If you want to participate, read on…
Here’s how it works:
1. Answer this question: What’s the name of the brand we’re featuring here?
2. You can give your picks from April 8th, 2011 through April 22nd, 2011. Make sure that when you comment you provide a link of where we can contact you (like your SoJones account, your Facebook, etc.). It makes life easier to be able to contact you should you win.
3. Drawing for ONE WINNER will be held on April 25th, 2011. The winner will be announced on this page and on the forums page (http://www.sojones.com/forums/).
Article Comments Lottery Rules
* One package per winner
* Previous winners must wait 30 days before entering this contest
* Duplicate comments will not count, like posting “I love this forum” or “hi” 50 times.
* Garbage or nonsensical keyboard-pounding comments will not count, like “awr#$ASFasdfkl”
* Comments hating on other people will definitely NOT count.
* U.S. residents only
Don’t forget to visit SoJones.com’s Facebook page: http://www.facebook.com/SoJones and become a fan!