From Paris, the city of fashion, here’s a look at a start-up brand that has already taken fashion street, Champs-Elysées, by storm. Meet Get Bizzi Clothing and get into the comical view of the hip hop world. SoJones talked to the founder of Get Bizzi Clothing.
Introduce yourself and describe how your brand was started?
I was born in France, and raised between my native land and the USA, and have always been very close to the American culture and the hip-hop aspirations. I studied communications in Efap in Paris for 3 years and then decided to focus on Get Bizzi’s development. I proposed my first collection to a store in Champs-Elysées, they really liked it, and were the first to trust in the brand. That’s how the story started…
Describe this season’s theme for your line. Include any sources of inspiration (examples: 80’s punk, muses like Amber Rose, 70’s disco bands, Kanye, etc)
The themes of this seasons are the same… My main inspirations comes from hip hop and r’n’b culture. Especially new upcoming artists. I’m always searching for new artists and talents. I depict commercial celebrities that already have a name. and less famous artists, that i appreciate and who will, to my opinion be the upcoming dopest artists .But the next collections will be less streetwear, and will tend to another trend.
Any product placements on celebs to keep an eye out for (examples: publicity photos, magazines, movies, music videos etc)
We just launched our first Video clip today : http://vimeo.com/20720259 . 100% filmed, worked and mounted on a iPhone 4!! And i think that it depicts well the inspiration of the brand. For the product placement, some will come soon, so stay tuned, you will be informed on the blog www.getbizziclothing.blogspot.com, but just to give you a taste, we are working on a collaboration with a worlwide famous dance crew…
What has been a surprise fashion hit over the last year? (a particular piece, a look or even another brand)
Wiz Khalifa shirt from Get bizzi clothing brand was the Hit of the year to me.
What is/was one of your most prized fashion pieces, past or present?
Honestly, Wiz Khalifa and Kid Cudi are the most wanted shirts of the collection!
TuPac or Biggie?
You can get Get Bizzi Clothing at the brand’s official website: www.getbizziclothing.com, OR participate in the following:
GET BIZZI CLOTHING GIVEAWAY!
Get Bizzi will give away 2 (TWO) T-SHIRTS to ONE LUCKY SoJones Reader! Each tee is worth $55.
Here’s how it works:
1. Answer the following question: What’s the name of the clothing line in this article?
2. You can give your answer March 11th, 2011 through March 25th, 2011. Make sure that when you comment you provide a link of where we can contact you (like your SoJones account, your Facebook, etc.). It makes life easier to be able to contact you should you win.
3. Drawing for ONE WINNER will be held on March 28th, 2011. The winner will be announced on this page and on the forums page (http://www.sojones.com/forums/).
Article Comments Lottery Rules
* One package per winner
* Previous winners must wait 30 days before entering this contest
* Duplicate comments will not count, like posting “I love this forum” or “hi” 50 times.
* Garbage or nonsensical keyboard-pounding comments will not count, like “awr#$ASFasdfkl”
* Comments hating on other people will definitely NOT count.
* U.S. residents only
Don’t forget to visit SoJones.com’s Facebook page: http://www.facebook.com/SoJones and become a fan!