Human beings are not easy to please, especially in this modern era. Everything just has to be bigger and doper. Industrialization is the major cause, and in the fashion world, it’s becoming to be almost a sin to have a mass-produced fashion items. This is where things need to get… well, Amplifyd! To find out more about what the London, Osaka and Hong Kong-based brand is all about, SoJones talked to Giuseppe Zucarello from Amplifyd.
Amplifyd. Sounds like a cool brand, can you tell us what Amplifyd is all about?
AMPLIFYD is just that – an amplification of the classics…turning up the volume on the ordinary. We use precision techniques in jewellery, engineering to create completely luxurious customizations of classics – such as the G-shock.
Who’s been loving Amplifyd? (feel free to mention any celebrities, muses who wear Amplifyd watches)
N-Dubz, Nicki Minaj, footballers from the Arsenal team
What are the hottest pieces of Amplifyd you’d recommend for SoJones.com readers?
FULL iced DOMIKNOW with stealthed out black stones on the face – sold out but looked good while it lasted. HOT pink stones DOMIKNOW and we think ROSE GOLD is going to be sick.
Each Amplifyd watch has its own mask custom made by hand, up to finishing. With the best-quality cubic zirconiums, your Amplifyd G-Shock is going to sparkle wherever you are. Note that Amplifyd requires time and extra care to do each of its amplifications. As we all know, customizing something so it won’t look like it came out fresh of the production line takes diligence and careful attention to details. Be glad now, Ampifyd is apparently not going to stop at customizing watches.
Any plans to ‘amplify’ other stuff beside watches?
YEP..and a separate jewellery line shortly – look for Amplifications of your favourite accessories and must have electronics (cough…iPhone..cough)
Speaking of getting things iced-out, which public figure do you want to give that Amplifyd touch and why?
Is there such thing as ‘too much bling’?
We draw the line on grillz
Which one is cooler: the regular diamonds or black diamonds? Why?
Black. Stealth wealth; not in your face, but you know its there – and when the light hits it right the pieces fires up beautifully …nothing cooler right now.
We just gotta ask: Tupac or Biggie?
As Amplifyd stated on its official website: www.amplifydconcepts.com: “What AMG is to your Mercedes – – Amplifyd is to your G-Shock.” And SoJones.com’s editors have to agree. Check Amplifyd’s Facebook page for updates on the brand’s amped-up collection.
Amplifyd people are being very generous this Friday and they’re giving out ONE Amplifyd Concepts Domiknow watch, valued at $600, for ONE lucky SoJones.com reader! Here’s how the awesome prize look like:
Here’s how it works:
1. Fill in the blanks: “What AMG is to your Mercedes, ______ is to your G-Shock”
2. Follow Amplifyd’s Twitter page: http://twitter.com/amplifyd and include your Twitter username to qualify for this giveaway!
3. You can give your answer March 4th – March 18th, 2011. Make sure that when you comment you provide a link of where we can contact you (like your Twitter account, SoJones account, your Facebook, etc.). It makes life easier to be able to contact you should you win.
4. Drawing for ONE WINNER will be held on March 21st, 2011. The winners will be announced on this page and on the forums page (http://www.sojones.com/forums/).
Article Comments Lottery Rules
* One prize for one winner
* Previous winners must wait 30 days before entering this contest
* Duplicate comments will not count, like posting “I love this forum” or “hi” 50 times.
* Garbage or nonsensical keyboard-pounding comments will not count, like “awr#$ASFasdfkl”
* Comments hating on other people will definitely NOT count.
* U.S. residents only
Don’t forget to visit SoJones.com’s Facebook page: http://www.facebook.com/SoJones and become a fan!