“Presented annually, the NAACP Image Awards is the nation’s premier event celebrating the outstanding achievements and performances of people of color in the arts as well as those individuals or groups who promote social justice.”
I’m sure most of you are wondering how on earth the Real Housewives of Atlanta pulled off getting an NAACP (National Association for the Advancement of Colored People) award nomination. All the ish that went down on that show could maybe justify getting an MTV Woodie award, but the NAACP?!?
For this year, here are some of the nominees in the Television Category:
Outstanding Comedy Series
- “30 Rock” (NBC) (Great show)
- “Everybody Hates Chris” (CW) (Not outstanding, but deserves a nod)
- “Glee” (FOX) (Highly regarded and popular show, deserves a spot on here)
- “Tyler Perry’s House of Payne” (TBS)(Meh.)
- “Ugly Betty” (ABC) (Hey, rapper MURS watches it. Maybe it’s still good, I just lost interest after a few episodes…)
Outstanding Drama Series
- “Cold Case” (CBS) (Love the show.)
- “Grey’s Anatomy” (ABC) (Deserves a spot here.)
- “HawthoRNe” (TNT) (Haven’t checked it out. Is it any good, reader?)
- “Lincoln Heights” (ABC Family) (Meh.)
- “The No. 1 Ladies’ Detective Agency” (HBO) (Is it any good?)
Outstanding Talk Series
- “Lopez Tonight” (TBS) (Meh.)
- “The Mo’Nique Show” (BET) (Tricky..but she’s also nominated for Precious, which I can understand; so yes!)
- “The Tyra Banks Show” (CW) (Definitely.)
- “The View” (ABC) (Bleh.)
- “The Wanda Sykes Show” (FOX) (It has it’s parts…)
Outstanding Reality Series
- “American Idol 8” (FOX) (Sure why not!)
- “America’s Next Top Model” (CW) (Good show, deserves a spot.)
- “Dancing With the Stars” (ABC) (Belongs here.)
- “Extreme Makeover” (ABC) (Definitely belongs here!)
- “Real Housewives of Atlanta” (Bravo) (NOPE!)
I present to you a popular clip from The Real Housewives of Atlanta (the fight between Sheree and Kim), and you tell me if this constitutes an award!
I guess after all I’m not surprised RHOA made the list, it’s just that sometimes an award can mean more than it’s supposed to, and because of the high ratings of this show, it’s most likely we’ll have to see more of this show, and that sucks!
Either way, I want your opinion reader? Am I trippin’ too hard over this show? Should they win in their category? Lets hear your thoughts in the comments!